Want to lose weight? Feel healthier? Have more energy?
Go “Keto” by subscribing to the Keto diet to get weight loss and energy served a la mode. The Keto diet has a slew of A-list celeb followers, and it’s the “dirty little secret” to why they look freaking amazing. It could be yours too.
Treat your body like the temple it is by succeeding the Keto way. Here’s how this diet stands apart from the rest, and how it could profit your body and mind.
WHAT IS THE KETO DIET?
An extremely low-carb, high fat diet with over 26 studies under its belt that prove better weight loss results than the American Standard diet and comparable low-carb diets.
- About 3 pounds of spinach (isn’t that a cool fact?)
- A small plate of nuts or berries
- Half a piece of bread (not allowed on the Keto diet)
Here’s a list of the BIG 5 carbs you’ll have to part with when you go Keto:
Tragic? The severe carbohydrate restriction isn’t up for debate. It’s this that will force a specific metabolic change in your body that experts call Ketosis – the foundation of the Ketogenic diet and where it derives its success.
Ketosis demands your body to turn into a fat burning machine – no exaggeration.
Your body fundamentally turns to glucose (blood sugar) for its energy source, which you have plenty of when you’re living la vida loca with pasta and bread. The bottom line is, that your body doesn’t need glucose aka “sugar” to thrive. The Keto diet takes advantage of this.
What happens when you make the 20g a day carb shift?
Your body can’t turn to glucose as its principal source of energy. Instead, it reprograms and targets fat and the amount and rate in which you burn fat skyrockets – leading to stellar weight loss results.
WHAT CAN YOU EAT ON KETO?
If you can’t eat carbs, then what can you eat?
The list is extensive.
Meat, Seafood, Dairy and Veggies are all at the core of the Keto diet.
FYI if you want to be a superstar, always go with organic or grass-fed meats/seafood.
Here’s the Keto-approved meat list:
- Beef (Steak and Ground Beef)
- Pork (Loin, Chops, Tenderloin, Ground, Ham, Bacon, Sausage)
- Chicken (Breasts, Wings, Thighs)
- Turkey (Breasts, Sausage, Bacon)
- Veal (Chops, Tenderloin, Ground)
- Eggs (any type, cooked however you wish)
Here’s the Keto-approved seafood list:
- Mahi Mahi
Fish is a great source of both healthy fats and protein. Try to put some fish in your life about three times a week once you go Keto. Don’t go overboard on the protein. Remember, the Keto diet is 75% fat and 15% protein. Too much protein can turn to glucose and get in the way of Ketosis.
Dairy is mostly made of fat and is low-carb. Dairy helps propel the low-carb, high-fat foundation of the Keto diet.
Here’s a list of Keto-approved dairy products:
- Cheese: 1g/carb per 1oz serving
- Heavy Cream
- Half and Half
- Plain Greek Yogurt
VEGGIES AND FRUITS:
Stick to the bunch of veggies grown above the ground. Above-ground veggies have a lower carb count per serving.
Here’s a list of Keto-approved veggies that have less than 4 carbs/ 100g serving:
Here’s the list of Keto-approved fruits that have less than 20g of carbs/per 1 cup serving:
- Avocado… Yes, it’s a fruit!
OILS, SEASONING AND HEALTHY FATS:
You can spice up your food to your liking on the Keto diet with almost any spice/seasoning you can think of, from salt and pepper to chili pepper, mojo, etc.
Here’s a list of Keto-approved healthy oils and fats:
- Oils (extra virgin olive, coconut, sesame and flaxseed)
- Macadamia nuts, peanuts, pistachios, cashews, almonds, brazil nuts, pine nuts
- Nut Butters (macadamia, almond, cashew, peanut, coconut)
- Seeds (pumpkin and sesame)
WHAT CAN YOU DRINK ON THE KETO DIET?
The importance of staying hydrated on the Keto diet cannot be stressed enough. It’ll protect your kidneys, because Ketosis causes your kidneys to work harder than they usually would.
Here’s the Keto-approved non-alcoholic beverage list:
- Water (at least half a gallon per day)
- Carbonated water and coconut water
- Homemade flavored water (infused with raspberry, cucumber, lemon, etc.)v
- Tea (green or black)
- Non-dairy milk (coconut or almond milk)
Top 5 Keto liquor choices w/ 0 carbs and less than 100 calories per 1.5oz serving:
1. Jack Daniel’s
2. Grey Goose
Top 5 Keto Red/White wine choice w/ 4 carbs or less and about 150 calories per 5oz serving:
1. Pinot Noir
5. Pinot Grigio
Top 5 Keto low-carb beer choices w/ 4 carbs or less and about 100 calories per 12oz bottle:
1. Heineken Light
2. Yuengling Light
3. Budweiser Select 55
4. Michelob Ultra
5. Miller Light
The benefits of the Keto diet go beyond weight loss.
Ketosis improves energy levels, brain function and aids in the prevention and treatment of multiple diseases. FYI if you’re prediabetic or diabetic, the Keto diet could reverse your insulin dependence and/or prevent it.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF THE KETO DIET
9 KETO DIET FAQ’S
Naturally, there’s a ton of questions you may be asking yourself before deciding if the Keto diet may be a good fit for you.
I shed light on some common Keto Frequently Asked Questions. If your question hasn’t been answered, drop a line in the comments.
THE 5 KETO COMMANDMENTS
1. Take the carb restriction seriously – 20 to 40g of carbs a day. This isn’t up for debate. Stop trying to fight it and roll with the punches.
2. Don’t go on a protein binge – If you overdo the protein, you risk excess turning into glucose and compromising ketosis.
3. Stay hydrated – With water! Plain old H20. You should be drinking half a gallon to a gallon a day on the Keto diet, especially within the first 7-10 days due to your body detoxing from all that processed gunk.
4. Consider intermittent fasting – Fasting is the fastest way to rev Ketosis. But, you can’t fast forever. What you can do is fast for 16 hours. Have dinner at 6pm and don’t eat again until 12pm the following day. Do this 2x a week and reap the benefits.
5. Get moving – Being on the Keto diet is no excuse for you not exercising. 30 minutes a day, at least.
Just like there’re signs when you reach nirvana, there’re signs to look out for that mean you’ve reached Ketosis. If you take the Keto Commandments seriously, then you should start noticing the signs of Ketosis within the first 3 weeks of following the diet regimen.
START LIVIN’ YOUR BEST KETO LIFE TODAY:
Not tomorrow, not next week. Start today. All you need is the right mindset to succeed, along with your Keto diet grocery list.
For those of you using the “organic is expensive” excuse, there are tons of tips to shop for the Keto diet on a budget.
So, what’s stopping you from feeling the way you want to feel?
Do you need a program to follow? Something to guide you step-by-step and keep you on track? Check out this 28 Day Keto Challenge.
Love and Health,
😍 GOOD READ? LET GOOGLE KNOW!
You’ll learn exactly how to eat and exercise to get slim, lean, healthy, and confident in your own body. Without sacrificing time, money, or the foods you love.
This website is about learning how to make the right, easy changes in your lifestyle and get the greatest results.
Thousands of others have already changed their lives by following the simple, effective principles taught on this site, and you can too.
Join 23,000+ fans
WANT MORE AWESOME ARTICLES LIKE THIS?
Join 23,000+ Health Enthusiasts, enter your best email and receive our newsletter so that you can achieve your health, wellness, and weight loss dreams.
Plus, we'll send you the FREE REPORT: HOW TO BEAT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAU.