And the winner for 2017 Best Cookbooks For Weight Loss & Healthy Cooking, is…
I hope you like to eat. We all do, but what I mean is I hope you REALLY like to eat. If you do, you came to the right place.
Now, I must warn you.
Most people would say that eating is a guilty pleasure. Much too often, good food is thought to be fattening and somewhat dangerous. Detrimental to your health.
We say… “Time to go to the gym after that”. Or… “This is a heart attack on a plate”… Or we make a joke about this dessert having “no calories, right?”. Then we laugh it off and sink our teeth into that Bananas Foster. With guilt.
I wish this would stop. The truth is, eating is a joy. Or should be a joy, even if you’re trying to lose weight.
You can trust me and my wife, weight loss expect and Nurse Practitioner Carissa Alinat. As long as you eat a wide variety of foods, practice mindful eating, and eat in moderation, then you should be enjoying eating.
Even if you’re trying to lose weight. In fact, you should enjoy eating ESPECIALLY if you are trying to lose weight.
Here is why.
diets don’t work. People get on a diet, then drop out. Nobody can be on a diet forever. Or even sustain one for more than a few weeks. “Crazy diets”, as we call them with Carissa, most often are unsavory, bland, and so boring that they set us up for failure. So dieters drop out.
On the other hand, if you enjoy what you eat, if you are having a great time eating, then losing weight is just the easiest thing in the world. Because for sure, losing weight is completely compatible with eating well.
In other words, you can have your cake, and eat it too.
Now, remember that losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise. What you put in your body pretty much sets the tone for your body shape. That’s one more reason to cook your own food, so that you can control what, how, and when you eat. It’s important.
To be able to cook and make your own food every day, you either need to know a few “chef tips”, and if you’re a regular on this website then you know you can get those here. Or, you need a good cookbook.
I’m a chef and cookbook author. I wrote and published 4 cookbooks and I can tell you this: a cookbook is only successful as long as the recipes are creative, appetizing, and they have been tested. Very important. If the recipes aren’t tested, then they won’t necessarily turn out the way they should, and home cooks will be frustrated.
Home cooks ask me all the time: What are your favorite cookbooks? Which cookbook should I buy? Any good cookbooks this year?..
Yes, tons. I do have my favorite cookbooks. I’m a professional chef and I enjoy reading cookbooks, some of them being very technical because they are made by and for chefs.
But I also have a special list for home cooking. I enjoy cooking for my family of 7. Since we’re all into great food, as well as maintaining our ideal weight, then we rely on exceptional cookbooks that give us both great food and sensible food.
You will find below my ultimate list of cookbooks for anyone interested in losing weight, or maintaining a healthy weight.
A lot of the cookbooks are based on the Paleo diet. Simply because the Paleo diet is a great way to cut down on carbs while eating really good, enjoyable food.
But not all. I recommend a great book on green smoothies too. And another one on just making bone broth or on metabolic cooking. There’s even one from my friend Flavia (a new mom) that is specifically designed for new moms. So obviously, it’s focusing on losing baby weight, nutritious food, and of course meals that can be done in less than 30 minutes.
Because ultimately, nobody really wants to spend a ton of time in the kitchen. We all have a life, and we don’t need to spend it in the kitchen. I’m a professional chef, but when it’s time to come home, the last thing I want is to spend another 2 hours in the kitchen. 30 minutes top will do.
Please enjoy my 2017 selection of Best Cookbooks for Weight Loss and Healthy Eating.
FAT-BURNING DESSERT COOKBOOKS
By Kelsey Ale, Certified Nutritional Therapist and Paleo Baker. If you’ve never had the smell of her version of Apple skillet cake hit your nostrils, you don’t know what you’re missing. This is a FREE physical cookbook. Not digital. Hard copy and full color. Discover the big secrets of cooking healthy paleo desserts, while losing weight. Here are some samples of the recipes:
- Double chocolate hazelnut cake with meringue frosting
- Pecan crumble coffee cake
- Southern Chocolate Pound Cake
Guilt-Free and desserts usually don’t go in the same sentence. That’s because desserts are usually full of sugar, white flour, and other nightmare ingredients if you’re trying to lose weight. Some desserts however, are specifically engineered to eliminate ingredients that make you gain weight, and replaced by natural ingredients that help you lose weight. That’s the case with Guilt-Free Desserts cookbook.
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Creme Brulee
- Pound Cake
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Cheesecake with Berries
- Also includes a section called “Copycat Girl Scout Cookies“!
By Kelly Herring. 50 all-natural, gluten-free, fail-proof, low-glycemic desserts.
If You’ve Been Denying Yourself Chocolate, Ice Cream, Cookies, and Brownies For Years With NO Results To Show For It, Then I Have GREAT News For You… We’ve also chosen these easy, paleo-inspired, delicious recipes because they take 10 to 30 minutes only to prepare!
- Top 25 simple and tasty paleo-inspired fat-burning dessert recipes.
- 25 stunning professional photos.
- All recipes are specially crafted to be easy, no fuss, low cost, and delicious.
- Step-by-step, over the shoulder directions so you know exactly how to whip up no-fail, amazing family desserts.
- 100% real food that is gluten-free and Paleo-inspired to have every fat-burning dessert covered.
Full disclosure: This is one of our cookbooks. Written by Carissa Alinat and Chef Gui Alinat.
STRICTLY PALEO COOKBOOKS
When you ditch bread, pasta, rice, refined cereals, sugary foods, preservatives and additives… everything changes. Remember, those so-called foods were NOT part of our diets thousands of years ago and not coincidentally, there were no incidents of heart disease, cancer, obesity, diabetes and other conditions. You know how Carissa and I feel about the Paleo diet (it’s great and a great way to lose weight.)
The Paleo Hacks cookbook is one of the best, if not the best, paleo cookbooks out there. The team at PaleoHacks is really awesome and professional. Also, this is one of the very best deals on the internet.
This is an actual physical (not digital!) book for FREE. And a New-York Times bestseller at that.
- RECIPES FOR EVERY MEAL For breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert, including popular favorites like Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie, Texas-Style Beef Chili, and Chocolate Coconut Truffles.
- QUICK START GUIDE Start to lose weight, improve your health, and avoid diseases right away with the Paleo Diet Basics.
- DAILY MEAL PLANS Your total plan for every meal, including daily tips and foolproof plan-ahead instructions.
- SHOPPING LISTS Grocery shopping is almost too easy with these customized shopping lists.
- EASY PALEO SNACK IDEAS Over 15 quick snack recipes to keep you full and satisfied throughout the day.
- THE SECRET TO READING FOOD LABELS Know what to look for and what to ignore in the supermarket aisle.
- TRICKS FOR DINING OUT Eat Paleo in any restaurant with these sneaky menu options
Now, what could possibly do with 1000 paleo recipes?.. Of course you won’t EVER cook them all in your lifetime. But they’re good to have. That’s your back-up. That’s your chance to just come home, see what you have in your fridge, and quickly find a recipe to put nutritious, delicious, fat-burning food on the table. It’s that simple.
Highly recommended. The actual cookbooks (more than 18 cookbooks!) are too many to list here. This is huge. Let’s call it the Paleo Cookbook “bible”.
Strictly Paleo recipes will excite your taste buds and have you cooking easy but delicious meals in no time:
- Beef Entrees
- Pork Entrees
- Poultry Entrees
- Seafood Entrees
- Condiments, Sauces, Butters, Dressings, Rubs, & Blends
- Grain‐Free Goodies
Every single recipe is 100% Paleo. They have No grains, No potatoes, No lentils, No dairy, No processed sugars, No preservatives.
Now, this is a FREE, physical cookbook. Not digital. The recipes are designed for the Paleo person who wants to prepare something really good, really nutritious, but doesn’t have time in the day to prepare a gourmet meal. Each recipe is created by a Cordon Bleu-trained Chef with a longstanding reputation in the Paleo community. Each recipe is simple, tasty and easy to prepare. Usually in under 30 minutes. They’re delicious, as well as nutritious. All are Paleo-friendly.
Metabolic cooking was one of the first cookbooks to really help the public lose weight and get in shape. It’s been featured in magazines like Muscle & Fitness, Iron Man Magazine, Muscle Mag, etc… It’s been revamped since and today in 2017, it’s still one of the very best cookbooks available.
Taste. Fat burning ingredients. Freedom. Faster fat Loss. Simple Recipes. Family Friendly. Desserts. It’s all within reach. And author Dave Ruel and Karine Losier will show you how to get it to be in the best shape of your life. Sample recipes:
- Metabolic Fish Sticks
- Mexican Beef Roast
- Mint Pork Stir Fry
- Coconut Garlic Shrimp
By Diana Keuillian. Good friend of mine. Diana was the very first one to crack the code and provide delicious family-friendly recipes that everyone can enjoy without relying on dangerous ingredients. This offer is a 7-in-1 must-have cookbook for your family. Now, as i always say, nobody has the time to spend 2 hours in the kitchen every day, like my mom did when I was growing up in the South of France (Yes, she was also working a full-time job! #superwoman). Diana, on the other hand, is also a mom of two, and she doesn’t have the time, nor does she want to, and prefers to limit her kitchen time to 30 minutes top, and enjoy time with her husband Bedros and their 2 children.
- Stir-Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Real Healthy Fried Chicken
- Real Healthy Hot Dogs
- Skinny Spaghetti and Meatballs
As a medical professional, I am well aware of the risks associated with diabetes. As a weight loss expert I am fighting everyday against the painful effects of diabetes on my patients. My book, The French Paleo Burn, helps diabetic patients regulate their blood sugar, and also helps non-diabetic stay away from that terrible disease.
This book, the Ultimate Diabetic Cookbook, will help too.
- Over 297 pages of lip-smacking, diabetic-friendly recipes
- Guaranteed ways to quickly and easily start cooking scrumptious recipes starting today
- Fun and simple dishes that will take your cooking from just okay to out-of-this-world
- Little-known secrets to effortless delectable meals that the whole family will love
- Easy ways to transform your favorite pre-diabetic dishes without losing any of the taste
- How to avoid icky cardboard “diabetic food” once and for all
- The essential staple ingredients you need that will allow you to create award-winning dishes on a moment’s notice… even if you haven’t been to the grocery store in days!
- Plus, you’ll have everything you need to lose those few extra pounds, too – good eating comes with benefits!
By Carissa Alinat, with Chef Gui Alinat. This is our cookbook. It is a chef-curated, fat-burning powerhouse dedicated to crafting a new you so that you can achieve the sexy body of your dreams. Effortlessly. Because 80% of your weight loss efforts lie in the food you choose, cook, and eat.
- 50+ simple and tasty paleo-inspired fat-burning recipes.
- 50+ stunning professional photos.
- All recipes are specially crafted to be easy, no fuss, low cost, and delicious.
- Step-by-steps, over the shoulder directions so you know exactly how to whip up no-fail, amazing family meals.
- 100% real food that is gluten-free and Paleo-inspired to have every meal covered.
- All Phase 1 recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, grain-free for efficient weight loss.
Look. At. That. How pretty!.. I usually get excited about cookbook featuring real, authentic, awesome food. Then I found The Great Big Book of Green Smoothies, and I love everything about it. Smoothies!.. Who could have thought that a smoothie cookbook could be so exciting. Not only that, but this cookbook is ONLY about smoothies made out of leafy greens.
And let me tell you about leafy greens. I have written so much about the must-eat greens. They are ESSENTIAL to your health, and definitely essential to losing weight because they bring the necessary fibers to your diet. In fact, eat a ton of leafy greens, and you can indulge in “forbidden” foods at the same time: pasta, rice, potatoes, etc…
Ah, snacks. Say what you want, but snacks are critical to you losing weight or maintaining a healthy weight. And the problem is, we always run out of options. We recommend this cookbook to anyone who ever has cravings mid-afternoon, and is not sure what to eat exactly to lose weight and sustain weight loss efforts.
Simple, easy-to-prepare snacks that satisfy those mid-day cravings, like…
- Hazelnut Brownies
- Homemade Beef Jerky
- Fig and Walnut Biscuits
- Cinnamon Apple Fruit Wraps
101 paleo breakfast recipes by the Paleo Hacks team. Great solution to find creative ideas for delicious, fat-burning breakfasts. Breakfast is often a problem when you’re trying to lose weight. We are often pressed by time, hungry, or out of ideas. Sample recipes:
- Cinnamon Apple-crusted Doughnuts…
- Zesty Lemon Scones…
- Apple Bread…
- BBQ Chicken Egg Muffins…
Sure, you don’t have to make your own bone broth. There are perfectly good options for organic, paleo bone broth that you can order with a click (with a 20% discount to our readers!). But you have to admit it. Being able to make your own bone broth from scratch, will not only give you great self-pride, but also turn you into a bad ass cook, almost instantly. 🔪😃
Plus, it’s a beautiful cookbook and it’s so satisfying to peruse and own. Highly recommended.
- Over 80, Whole30 compliant, original, bone broth recipes
- Over 400 scientific references
- 10 celebrity bone broth recipes (including an NFL player’s recipe)
- 10 chapters on the health science behind bone broth
- Over 80 amazing color photos
- 30 additional healthy products you may like
- 378 pages of bone broth information and recipes
By Carissa Alinat, with Chef Gui Alinat. That’s us. Our family of seven lives on a tight budget for both time and money. Honestly, we have almost no time to spend in the kitchen at home, and we need to keep meal prep as affordable as possible.
So yes, I’ll be the first to admit it, saving money on delicious, healthy food, and have it ready on the table in no time is at the top of my priority. And it should be at yours, too.
These are out Top 25 Fat-Burning Recipes that are Dirt-Cheap and Ultra-Fast, to save you money and let you put awesome, delicious food on the table in less than 30 minutes.
WANT MORE AWESOME ARTICLES LIKE THIS?
Join 23,000+ Health Enthusiasts, enter your best email and receive our newsletter so that you can achieve your health, wellness, and weight loss dreams.
Plus, we'll send you the free FAT-BURNING KITCHEN CHECKLIST.