Join 23,000+ fans
Welcome! Thanks for visiting!
I’m Carissa Alinat, a Nurse Practitioner, health researcher, weight loss specialist, lover of amazing food. My goal is to help you feel great about the skin you are in and improve your health.
Why Origin Weight Loss?
As a wife to a gorgeous French chef, I’m not one to turn down meals just to stay in shape. But…. that wasn’t always the case. I know how you feel about dieting because I’ve been there.
Over 10 years ago, I gained 50 pounds each time with my first and second pregnancies. We have 5 kids together?! Although most of the weight came off, I struggled with a “mommy tummy”. I didn’t feel good about myself. I tried crazy diets and eventually gained back 20 pounds until I finally found a method that works.
While working on a PhD, I did my research and reviewed thousands of medical articles on weight loss, nutrition, and health. I changed my lifestyle. I learned to love my body and take care of myself. I also adapted to my husband’s native French culture and learned the tricks to staying thin naturally and with little effort.
Since then, I am now at my ideal weight and have kept it for years. I feel strong, empowered, and confident. I enjoy helping others to meet their goals. I also take pride in teaching our 5 children how to live a healthy, happy life, and to take care of their bodies.
Now, my goal is to help 1 million women lose weight and maintain it and feel the very best they can be.
A little more about me:
- I have published 30+ articles in medical journals and online newspapers and presented across the United States. Sometimes I forget how nerdy I am.
- I come from a huge family (grandma has 14 brothers and sisters!) and I always wanted 6 kids. We are one kid short of half a dozen but our tribe is complete.
- My husband proposed to me only 3.5 weeks after meeting each other. I was crazy enough to say yes, and we are still going strong!
- I have been called a “beer connoisseur.” I love a good Belgian.
- I LOVE to cook and I could spend all day drooling over everything in the organic supermarkets.
- I’m an introvert with an outgoing personality.
- I’m very active on Facebook, Instagram, Google +, and Twitter. So I would love to connect with you.
Remember, you’ve always been beautiful. Now you’re just deciding to be healthier, fitter, and stronger!
Love and Health,
Health & Fitness Expert for Early To Rise Publications
You’ll learn exactly how to eat and exercise to get slim, lean, healthy, and confident in your own body. Without sacrificing time, money, or the foods you love.
This website is about learning how to make the right, easy changes in your lifestyle, with great results.
Thousands of others have already changed their lives by following the simple, effective principles taught on this site. You can too.
ARE YOU ON INSTAGRAM TOO?
Let’s follow each other!